Primavera P6 Professional Project Management is a powerful and easy to use solution for planning, managing, and executing projects. This software is also known as Oracle Primavera P6 after Oracle Corporation acquired Primavera Systems Incorporation in 2008.
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management gives today’s project managers and schedulers what they value most: control. Primavera P6 Professional Project Management, the recognized standard for high-performance project management software, is designed to handle large-scale, highly sophisticated, and multifaceted projects. It can be used to organize projects of up to 100,000 activities, and it provides for unlimited resources and an unlimited number of target plans. Massive data requires sophisticated yet highly flexible organizational tools that give users a multitude of ways to organize, filter and sort activities, projects, and resources.
Primavera P6 Professional is a Windows client project scheduling application that is installed on a user’s workstation. Much like any other Windows application, it is run from an executable file that resides on the workstation machine.
P6 Professional can be used as a standalone application accessing a locally installed database such as Oracle XE or Microsoft SQL Server Express. It can also access a central database and be used as a multi-user system when data needs to be shared with others.
P6 Professional is typically used in such industries as, Engineering, Construction, Aerospace, Defense, Utilities, Oil and Gas. P6 Professional is the preferred tool for power users such as schedulers and project managers in industries where detailed, fast, accurate scheduling and critical path method are vital elements for project planning, execution and success.
- Plan, schedule, and control projects
- Assign resources to tasks, and track progress
- Monitor and visualize project performance versus plan
- Conduct what-if analysis, and analyze alternatives
- Allows schedule updates from multiple users at the same time
- Produce schedule and resource reports and graphics
Benefits of using Pimavera P6 PPM:
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management includes all functionalities which enables you to set up a specified planning. It includes elaborate earned value options, user-friendly baseline management tools and integrated reporting options.
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management provides an integrated progress reporting function. Consequently no other application is required for progress reports
- Due to a capacity of up to 100,000 activities and an unlimited number of resources, activity codes, baselines and layouts (Global, Project and User) Primavera P6 Professional Project Management is suitable for all types of projects. In addition, the database can contain an unlimited number of projects.
- The application is characterized by its flexibility and provides a platform that allows you to sort, filter and select in multiple ways. New insights will be available to you from different perspectives.
- A centralized database allows you to work simultaneously and with multiple users within a project. Primavera P6 Professional Project Management can be used both as stand-alone and multi-user system.
- The software package contains a tool that creates realistic and detailed schedules based on the certified ” critical path method”.
- You will have access to GANTT layouts, PERT layouts, Trace Logic, Histograms, S-curves and Resource Loading Reports.
Price and how to buy:
Price of Primavera P6 PPM: $ 2500 / User
First year support (Optional) : $ 550
Official Website (Overview): https://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera/products/project-management.html
Buy this product: You can buy this product from oracle’s official store here.
CEM Solutions recommends Oracle’s Primavera P6 Professional Project Management for projects which are characterized by a large number of activities. Primavera P6 PPM is the designated application for versatile and complex projects with a volume of up to 10,000 activities. However this program require training courses to better understand its functionality.
- Essential Software Tools for Planning Engineers in the Construction Industry - May 22, 2023
- PMI Certifications for Planning Engineers - May 22, 2023
- 10 Basic Interview Questions for a Planning Engineer - May 22, 2023
- Work Break Down Structure & its Importance - September 5, 2018
- Corrosion of Steel in Concrete - March 14, 2017