There are many platforms and software out there to manage projects. But sometimes, you need a simple and effective solution for project management. In this article, we’ll discuss how Kanban Board can be an effective tool to manage projects.
What is Kanban Board?
Kanban Board is a free and open source project management software. Over the past few years, it has gained fame as a simple yet effective project management tool. This tool allows you to construct, oversee and complete activities on time.
Easy to use
In Kanban Board, you can make a project plan, just by dragging and dropping the tasks in columns. This is super easy. You can add, rename and remove columns at any time to adapt the board to your project. Further, you can also:
- Break down a task into sub-tasks, estimate the time or the complexity.
- Describe your task by using the Markdown syntax.
- Add comments, documents, change the color, the category, the assignee, the due date.
- Move or duplicate your tasks across projects with one click.
- Automate actions
Visualize the project and its status
The tool makes a visual diagram of each task in the project. It makes it easy to see task details, progress of each task, completed tasks and upcoming tasks. You can also see overall progress of the project in terms of status and percentages completed. So, you will have idea of overall progress of the project with just a single glance.
Kanban Board allows you to assign each activity to responsible team member. You can also organize the teams with respect to work and see progress of each team.
Using Kanban Board, you can reassign the tasks, talk about the issues, concentrate on special tasks and coordinate with team members. This all helps you to control the project in real time.
There are many more features but we suggest to give this tool a try.
Download this tool for free using this link: Details & Download
- Importance of Risk Management in Projects - October 15, 2019
- Kanban Board to Manage Projects - October 12, 2019
- Emotional Intelligence in Project Management - October 12, 2019
- Agile and Waterfall – Benefits of Blending the Two - September 30, 2019